ExpertiseOur development team is made up of specialists from both our commercial and residential real estate groups. It has a considerable track record in advising on complex commercial, residential and mixed use developments. We advise on all legal issues involved with purchasing a site, removing tenants, obtaining planning permission, drafting construction contracts, through to letting the development and releasing the profit. We are able to deal with all funding and structuring issues including debt finance and joint ventures. We work with other specialists in the firm, including the property litigation, construction and corporate teams, to provide a seamless and co-ordinated service to our clients. Our team also has market leading experience in advising on leasehold enfranchisement issues in relation to mixed use development sites.
ExperienceOur team’s experience includes:
- Advising developers on all steps relating to a number of residential and mixed-use development schemes throughout London and the South-East from site acquisition to plot sales
- Advising on a number of forward-fundings including out of town retail schemes and a student housing project
- Advising in relation to complex regeneration schemes including the appointment of a development manager by a local authority in connection with a significant Central London regeneration project, the redevelopment of part of a historic town centre and a complex multi-phased mixed use scheme relating to a substantial West London site
- Advising on the structuring of the residential aspects of a large scale mixed use scheme in Embassy Quarter
- Vendor’s sole lawyer on the pre-sale of circa 50 very high value apartments in a high profile Central London scheme