Pemberton Greenish’s heritage spans over two centuries. Founded in 1775, the business has operated in a continuing partnership ever since. While the name has changed several times over the last two hundred years, the firm has always practised in central London.
Originally based in Hatton Gardens, in 1817 the partnership moved to Lincoln’s Inn Fields, one of the Inns of Court at the heart of London’s legal profession and close to the Royal Courts of Justice. We remained there for 142 years, before moving to Gray’s Inn in 1959. The relocation from the Inns of Court to Pont Street in Chelsea in 1975 was radical but proved to be extremely successful, with so many of our long-standing clients also located in this area. After 35 years at 45 Pont Street, in 2010 the firm moved to its current location at 45 Cadogan Gardens in Chelsea.
The present firm was established in 2000, having de-merged from Lee & Pembertons in 2000. The aim was to establish a specialist firm dedicated to advise on all aspects of estate property, with a focus on London’s largest landed estates, together with a private client practice. Since then, the firm has more than doubled in size, and added both a corporate practice and a sizeable team of commercial real estate and construction practitioners, now one of our largest areas of practice.