- Real Estate Finance: advises on property investment finance, development finance and refinancing in respect of residential and commercial real estate transactions involving single and multi-let properties, offices, mixed use schemes, shopping centres, retail parks, hotels and student accommodation.
- General Banking: in addition to documenting and negotiating transactions, advises on facility amendments, extensions and obligations contained in loans, guarantees and security documentation.
- Secured Lending: experience includes acquisition finance, project finance transactions and advising on priority issues between lenders.
- Clients: acts for wide range of different lenders, non-bank lenders, private family offices, funds, sponsors, developers, joint venture vehicles, entrepreneurs and borrowers.
- Secondment: undertaken secondment at Lloyds Banking Group.
- Advised a privately owned family property company in connection with a £35m senior loan facility for a mixed portfolio of properties in Chelsea.
- Acted for a Lender on a £40m acquisition and development financing for the purchase of office space in London and redevelopment into residential units.
- Advised a Borrower on a £15m refinancing with a building society over a commercial property near Canary Wharf.
- Acted for a real estate debt fund in respect of a new loan and cross collateralisation of existing debt in an aggregate amount of £18m secured against a portfolio of retail properties.
- Advised a Borrower on a £10m financing with a bank over an office building in Cardiff.
- Acted for a real estate debt fund providing a secured property finance facility for the development of a student accommodation block with a gross development value of £20m.
- Acted for a Lender in relation to the £25m refinancing of a student accommodation scheme in Bristol, which involved finance, real estate and construction advice.
- Advised various listed managed funds in relation to numerous financings totalling £500m with different lenders in respect of the purchase of over 100 properties ranging from residential, mixed use and commercial investments and developments in the UK.
- Acted for a fund with its joint venture partner on the acquisition, refinancing and financing of a mixed use development consisting of 20 retail and restaurant units, a cinema and the town’s main car park in a shopping centre in the South West.
- Advised a Borrower on the £65m refinancing of an office development in the City of London and subsequent partial debt transfer to a senior lender.
- Advised a PLC Borrower Property Group on a £32 million loan with an alternative debt provider secured over 5 business parks.
- Advised a senior lender in respect of a £25 million refinancing for a large corporate borrower.
- Acting for different Lenders in respect of numerous investment and development facilities for numerous real estate transactions ranging between £500,000 to £500 million.
- Advising a Borrower in connection with a £37m facility provided by a Lender to refinance the acquisition costs incurred to fund the acquisition of a shopping centre.
- Advising a private equity fund in connection with a £200m investment in a UK development finance lending platform, to assist a Development Lender in providing development finance in the UK residential market.
- Advising a private equity fund in connection with a £100m loan portfolio acquisition in relation to a portfolio of development finance loans.
- 2007 Qualified
- 2007-2011 Hogan Lovells (International) LLP (including secondment at Lloyds Bank)
- 2012-2015 Irwin Mitchell LLP
- 2015-2018 Partner at Maples Teesdale LLP
- 2018 to date Pemberton Greenish LLP
- The Law Society of England and Wales