- Development: advising on all real estate aspects of development and regeneration projects ranging from landmark office developments to mixed use and residential schemes including site assembly and securing vacant possession, funding and joint venture arrangements (with both the private and public sectors), holding and development structures, disposal arrangements and public sector issues.
- Landlord and tenant: advising both landlords and tenants on the letting and acquisition of property across all sectors and dealing with asset management matters.
- Investment: advising on the acquisition and disposal of single and multi-let investment properties including offices, shopping centres, department stores, retail and industrial parks, and hotels and other leisure investments and advising on the acquisition and disposal of property portfolios and sale and leaseback transactions.
- Corporate real estate: advising in connection with the real estate aspects of corporate restructurings and proposed listings and the establishment, participation in and the sale and purchase of companies, unit trusts, limited partnerships and other property owning corporate vehicles.
- Real estate finance: advising both lenders and borrowers on investment and development financing arrangements.
- Management agreements: advising on arrangements relating to the appointment of asset managers, property managers and development managers and other property related business management arrangements.
- Advised (as seconded in-house counsel) a listed property company in connection with a complex mixed use regeneration scheme relating to a substantial site in West London.
- Advised on the appointment of a development manager by a local authority in connection with a significant Central London regeneration project.
- Advised a developer in connection with the redevelopment of part of an historic town centre.
- Advised the landlord on the pre-let of a refurbished flagship Oxford Street store.
- Advised a Japanese client on taking a lease of their UK HQ in the City.
- Advised on the acquisition and disposal of a number of landmark City and West End office investments including the sale of a corporate structure holding the UK HQ of a major global bank.
- Advised the purchaser on the sale and lease-back and the subsequent piecemeal onward sales of a portfolio of department stores.
- Advised the lender on the development financing of a major exhibition centre and associated hotel.
- Advised an interested bank on the proposed development financing of a landmark City tower.
- Qualified: 1999
- 2000 – 2002: Linklaters
- 2002 – 2010: SJ Berwin
- 2010 – 2012: Mishcon de Reya
- 2012 – to date: Pemberton Greenish
- The Law Society of England and Wales.
- Founding member and treasurer of the Commercial Real Estate Legal Association