At Pemberton Greenish we have developed the largest client base of major London Estates of any comparable specialist practice. These include The Cadogan Estate, The Portman Estate, The Crown Estate, The Eyre Estate, The John Lyon’s Charity Estate, The Ilchester Estate, The Sloane Stanley Estate and The Day Estate.
These clients benefit from a range of commercial and residential real estate services drawing from our expertise across the firm. Our real estate team combines commercial and market leading residential expertise, experience in leasehold enfranchisement, management, landlord and tenant, development, construction and conveyancing work. We maintain the very highest levels of deal experience and expertise in the highly specialised prime central London property market. This is complimented by a highly regarded property dispute resolution team and a corporate team to advise on structuring transactions.
We understand the long term nature of managing these portfolios, having advised a number of London Estates for more than a century.
Our dispute resolution team specialises in acting for London Estates in recovery of possession, collection of arrears and on enfranchisement litigation and has developed a formable reputation in the area of enfranchisement, having fought many of the leading cases in the Court of Appeal, the House of Lords and the Supreme Court in recent years.
- Conducting numerous landmark leasehold reform cases in the Supreme Court, House of Lords, Court of Appeal, High Court and the valuation tribunals, including: Hosebay; Shalson; Sportelli; Aggio; Magnohard; Dolphin Square and many others
- Advising on property tenures and structures for the purchase, sale and holding of properties
- Advising on schemes to protect property from statutory rights in favour of tenants
- Advising on the expiry of long residential leases
- Advising on claims to acquire extended leases of flats pursuant to the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993 and on claims to acquire freehold property pursuant to leasehold reform legislation